The Beehive Lifestyle Shop are committed to our customers' privacy and the following notes outline our information practices. If you feel we are not abiding by our policy or if you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are keen to strike a fair balance between your personal privacy and ensuring you obtain full value from the internet and other products and services we may be able to market to you.
We are fully registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and ensure we comply with all protection the Act affords to you. Further information on the Act is on the internet at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk. We use the data protection padlock symbol below to show when we gather personal data from you. Look out for it on the site.
Reproduced courtesy of the Information Commissioner's Office and the National Consumer Council.
In some areas of our website we ask you to provide information that will enable us to enhance your site visit or reply to you after your visit. For example:
1. We collect basic personal information (Name, email address etc.) from you as part of our registration process to enable us set up your Beehive Lifestyle Shop account.
2. We also collect information on your shopping activities with The Beehive Lifestyle Shop.
3. From time to time we may also ask for additional personal information as part of a promotion/competition.
Use of Information
1. By registering with The Beehive Lifestyle Shop you agree that we can communicate with you with suitable offers from The Beehive Lifestyle Shop.
2. The Beehive Lifestyle Shop will not pass your personal information to any third parties and we will only market to you the same kind of goods and services you purchased from us or made an enquiry to us about.
3. From time to time we will perform analysis on our member and transaction databases. The results of this analysis may be released to third parties, but only in aggregate form and will contain no personal information at all. We may also use transactional data to update your profile so that we can offer you similar products that may be of interest to you based on this data. If you would rather not receive future marketing emails from us please inform us by email at email@example.com. Such use is strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. Every email from us comes with an easy to use unsubscribe instruction and you can be removed from our lists at any time, although this can take up to 30 days to effect.
The information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to support your customer relationship with us. We do not disclose or sell your information outside our corporate group except if we sell the whole or part of our business.
Trading from our website
Making sure you can buy safely online is a priority for us and we have made strenuous efforts to ensure that store security is one of our highest priorities and we have devoted a great deal of effort to ensure that our online security measures help to safeguard your information. We use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of potentially sensitive information such as your name and address.
In respect of the payments made by you through our website we have outsourced to PayPal the collection of all credit and debit card payments which are subject to the same high SSL encryption standards and security as referred to above no payment information is stored on the Beehive Lifestyle Shop server. In addition to this, Beehive now offer direct sales from you by telephone,e-mail or fax.
We then input these into credit card clearance on your behalf. This allows you to pay with all major debit and credit cards. As a result of this we will be in receipt of your personal financial data, but which we will use solely for the purpose of processing your payment and communicating with credit card clearance. Your data will be held in accordance with all relevant data protection legislation and will not be stored by us for any longer than is necessary for communicating with credit card clearance and settling your payment.
You may also make payment via your PayPal account, during this process you will be redirected to the PayPal website and no payment data will be stored on the our server.
We take the security of your personal data very seriously and trust that the payment methods and procedures set our above reflect this. It is also your responsibility to keep your personal data safe. By our joint efforts we believe that your order with The Beehive vintage Lifestyle Shop should be safe, secure and efficient.
We hope that once you understand the measures we take to help ensure secure transactions and privacy, and the steps you can take yourself, you will be as happy about the safety of your online transaction and order information as we are.
1. Cookie Tracking. We may store information about you using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) which we can access when you visit our site in the future. We do this to remember your login details automatically. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer please refer to the instructions on your file management software, which locates the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas of our site until you log in manually.
2. When you visit our site, we may also log your IP address.
We offer the use of a secure server when you access your account detail and profile information.
1. Access to your account is password protected and we never release details of this to third parties. If you have forgotten your password please call us to have it retrieved or reset..
2. The Beehive lifestyle Shop cannot be held responsible for any activity in your account that has resulted from a member not keeping their account details secure.
3. The Beehive lifestyle Shop will never contact you to ask for your Username or Password.
We reserve the right to access and disclose individual information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests. We also reserve the rights to disclose individually identifiable information to third parties where a complaint arises concerning your use of this website, where that use does not comply with our terms and conditions.
Further information on data protection and personal privacy:
For further information from us on data protection and privacy contact:
The Data Protection Manager,
The Beehive Vintage Lifestyle Shop
20A The Brittox
Information on the Data Protection Act 1998 is also on the Information Commissioner's website at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk
Use of this Site is subject to our Terms and Conditions